We are in unprecedented times. The question I keep hearing over and over is how much do we give to a Zoom Mitzvah? Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. BUT I researched and asked many, many people. People who have had Zoom mitzvah’s. People whose expertise is etiquette. People who, truly, just had an opinion. These are my results. Please take this with a grain of salt. There is no right or wrong here. This is only information I have gathered. If you feel otherwise, please let me know! I believe it is all based on your comfort level.
ZOOM MITZVAH GIVING GUIDELINE
- a friend – $18-$36
- a camp friend – $18- $36
- you and your spouse (no kids) $144
- you and your spouse with 1 kid – $144-$180
- you and your spouse with 2 kids – $144-$254
- you and your spouse with 3 kids – $144-$306
- 4+ kids – $144-$360
- your BFF – $360-$500
- Single Parent – you and your child $118, you and your two kids $118-180, you and your three kids $118-$254 (depending on friendship)
- Grandparents – as much as you can
- B’nai Mitzvah – DOUBLE BUBBLE
$18-$36 each kid – two separate checks, family of 3, $118 each, a family of 4, $144 each, a family of 5, $180 each, etc.
**If they have already attended your child’s mitzvah, the rule is to reciprocate exactly what they gave you no matter what.
Hope this helps!