Everyday 3pm I fall apart. I have a healthy breakfast, healthy snack, healthy lunch and then 3:00pm rolls around and I’m off the wagon, completely. Every. Single. Day. It’s true. I have tried shakes, veggies with hummus, veggies with guac, but I still crave more. The Kale & Co detox I just did recently came with these protein balls that were delicious and filling!! I decided it was time to make my own. I thought I would share my favorite ones! Hope you like them…
- 1/4 cup raw cacao power
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I use cinnamon but the people LOVE pumpkin)
- Soak the Medjool dates for a couple hours to soften.
- If you like coconut, have extra to roll balls in. If not, put aside some of the cup listed.
- Combine everything in a food processor or Vitamix and process all together. If necessary, add a little more coconut oil if necessary but do not add too much- just enough to be able to roll balls. The coconut oil will set when in freezer.
- Roll into balls and roll again in shredded coconut. Let them set up in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Refrigerate after that.
That’s it!! Enjoy!! Off to Joey’s class….
By the way, I am doing an event at Ignite on May 27th! Save the date!! Will explain more in next post!
Please like and share to a friend! These are goodies!!